On the auspicious occasion of foundation stone laying ceremony of "Umed Bhawan Palace" on 21st November, 1929 it was announced by His Highness Shri Umed Singhji, the erstwhile ruler of the Jodhpur state, that the “Mohammaden Community shall be provided with a suitable school building”. Immediately after this announcement Marwar Muslim Education Society was established in 1929 with the primary object of running the school and promoting modern education in the Muslim Community of Marwar Region. Maharaja of Jodhpur Shri Umed Singh Ji was the Patron of the Society and Mr. A.P. Cox the erstwhile Director of Education of the state was the President and Janab Mehandi Hasan was Secretary. The other prominent members were Janab Rehmatullah Khan father of Janab Barkatullah Khan, the late Chief Minister of Rajasthan and Janab Wahidullah Khan. The School was first started in the Haveli of Janab Barkatullah Khan, the late C.M. of Rajasthan.
Construction of the new School building was started on 6th February, 1934 by Choudhary Binja Ram. The design of the building was prepared by an eminent architect, Janab Abdul Hameed, a British national who later spent his last days in London.
The School building was inaugurated and gifted to the Muslims by His Highness Maharaja Umed Singhji on 18th February, 1936. The School was upto High School standard and named as "Darbar Muslim School"
Though the school was gifted to Muslim Community by the His Highness but unfortunately the Government of Rajasthan took over the assets of the school after the independence and re-named it in 1948 as Mahatma Gandhi School, by which it is presently known. This action of the Government put obstacles in the progress of education among Muslims and deprived Muslim generations of education for years. It is worth mentioning that the building of the Darbar Muslim School stands registered as Waqf Property with Rajasthan Board of Muslim Waqfs in an extraordinary gazette. The Society struggled hard to get justice for the community and with the efforts of Janab Haji Mohammad Ji, Janab Haji Imadad Ali, Janab Haji Ibrahim, Janab Advocate Yunus Sahib, Janab Ishaque Mohammad retired Distt. Education Officer, Janab Khan Mirza Sahib retired P.A. to Director of Education, Janab Captain Haqiqatullah Khan, Janab Shokat Ansari, many Muslim youths and political leaders who ultimately succeeded partly in the year 1978, when the Government of Rajasthan lead by Hon'ble Bhairu Singh Shekhawat allotted 5 acres of land for the construction of a new school building. We are thankful to the then Chairman of the U.I.T., Shri Rewachand, who extended his full cooperation in the said allotment.
On 2nd January, 1981, the foundation stone of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Muslim Senior Secondary School was laid down on the allotted land. On 11th September, 1988, with the blessings of Almighty Allah, Shri Shiv Charan Mathur, the then Chief Minister of Rajasthan inaugurated the school in the presence of Shri Ashok Gehlot, the then Member of Parliament. Since then the society is continuously stepping forward and achieving its target in the field of education as well as realizing to consequences, many welfare programmes to serve the society. The society is registered under Societies Act and its registration number is 109/70-71 dated 14-10-1970. The society is also registered under Foreign Contribution (Registration) Act 1976 and its registration number is 125610025
Marwar Muslim Educational & Welfare Society (1929) with the mission to ameliorate the cause of education among weaker section of the society in general and Muslim in particular started its work from grass root level and now runs total number of 31 institutes which includes six schools of different levels, two B.Ed colleges, post graduate nursing college, industrial training institute, hospital, ambulance service, shariah bank and first ever gaushala run by any muslim organization.
We thank you to visiting our website and heartily welcome you to visit our campus.
For detail visit www.marwarimuslim.in