Training and Placement
Maulana Azad University has constituted a ‘Training and Placement Cell’ to facilitate and help students in career counselling, preparations of competitive exams/interviews and in their placements. It plays a pivotal role to furnish and groom the career of the students. TPC acts as a medium and support system to assist students in accomplishment of their career aspiration.
Role and responsibilities
- To organize campus interviews for final year students with industries and business.
- To assist students in their internships and related activities.
- To conduct mock interviews, in house training sessions, written tests, group discussion for students for helping them in preparation of interviews and exit/selection level /entrance exams etc.
- Helping students in deciding their career by organizing guest lectures of eminent persons of industries / hospital pharmacies / higher education institutions in the field of pharmacy.
- Conducting all kinds of correspondences with industries and bussiness seeking help in organizing practical training of students.
- Planning industrial and educational tours, industrial visits and practical training of students and preparing Performa for same.
- To frame processes and policies in order to ensure proper guidance and training to the students to help shaping their career in the right direction.
- To build a strong networks among the corporate, industries and University for Placements, Internships and related activities.
Eligibility criteria for placement: per the respective company’s criteria.
Guidelines for students
- All the students eligible for placement must register themselves with the Training & Placement office.
- TPC reserve the right to disqualify the students from campus placement process in case of indiscipline.
- Students are required to fulfil the minimum academic attendance criteria of 75% in all the semesters.
- It is mandatory for students to attend the recruitment process in proper uniform provided by the university.
- The students are required to maintain punctuality at all stages of selection process.
- Eligible student intended to leave the selection process must give prior information to TPC.
- A student once selected by a company is not eligible to appear for any more placement opportunities. However, students shall be eligible to appear in company that offer huge salary package.
- The students are required to carry following documents with them while attending selection process
- University Identity Card
- 02 passport size color photographs
- 02 copies of the updated and signed resume
- Original Mark-sheets from high school onwards and their Xerox copy
- Pen, Pencil, blank A4 sheet etc.
- Selected students shall be obliged to acknowledge the offer given by the company in order to sustain the relation of MAU with the concerned company.
- Placed students either through TPC or self, have to inform TPC for records.
Students at MAU are trained in order to prepare them for on-campus and off-campus placement. We understand that our students are from around the corner of India and hence have different abilities, socio-cultural and economic status. Hence, we train to upgrade them to make them more confident and familiar with world of work that will ultimately lead to their development.
- Mentor and counsel the students throughout the year to make them aware about career planning and mapping.
- Organizing training program in the areas of Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Verbal reasoning and Communication through in-house and external trainers.
- Organising “Personality development” training.
- Organizing Mock interview sessions.
- Training students on group discussion techniques
- Conducting written aptitude tests and online tests.
- Conducting Entrepreneurship Development Program